Goat’s milk is not just for ‘kids’!
Goats Milk is renowned for its moisturising and skin healing properties. Used for centuries to promote youthful skin, it’s reported that even some of the ancient Egyptians such as Cleopatra would bathe in it!
So what gives goat’s milk its moisturising properties? It contains natural essential fatty acids that have a pH balance very similar to the that of the skin on the human body. It also contains triglicerides and is readily absorbed by our skin and less prone to causing irritation.
Goats milk is packed full of vitamins and minerals that your skin will love including zinc, alpha hydroxy acid and amino acid and vitamins C, B1, B6, B12, and E. It also contains lactic acid which breaks down skin cells, aiding the natural skin renewal process.
Once your family starts using a goats milk soap such as our Little Innoscents Goats Milk Cleansing Bar, you may find that you don’t need to use moisturisers as much as you did previously, due to its natural moisturising properties and also because it does not contain detergents, foaming agents, alcohol, artificial colours and fragrances or petroleum by-products.
What are the key benefits of goat’s milk in organic skincare for your family?
- Suitable to use on delicate newborn skin
- Soothes dry itchy skin and helps with improving the symptoms of inflammation due to eczema or psoriasis
- Effectively removes dirt and grime from the most sensitive skin, while leaving skin beautifully soft and moisturised.
- Goat’s milk can act as a gentle exfoliator
- It’s beneficial nutrients are easily absorbed into the skin
- Acts as a natural moisturiser
- Contains anti-aging and skin-brightening properties
- Can help to treat acne
The Little Innoscents Organic Cleansing Bar not only contains goat’s milk, bringing all of the above benefits with it, but also has the goodness of Manuka honey, which acts as a potent anti-bacterial agent and incorporates the therapeutic essential oil of Ylang Ylang that will leave you and your baby smelling divine.